2koolperformance 5pointcottage burgerworld northbayatvclub 2koolperformance 5pointcottage
Quaddealers
News and Announcements
Mudhole Links
Mudhole.ca is for sale!!
Contact Larry via email at admin@mudhole.ca for info!!

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:48 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:10 pm 

I'm not sure if there are many other lakeside cottage resorts in Ontario that offer many of the same activities as Kashaga Lodge. But one of my personal favourites is "oval tracking."
Every year, my son plows an oval track on the lake, (adjacent to our hockey rink) right beside the property.
Every winter, him and a bunch of his local Haliburton friends stud the tires on their dirt bikes, Side X Sides, and ATVs and have a helluva time.
I certainly can't advertise this sort of nonsense on my website, for liability reasons.
But I must say that, between plowing and oval tracking, my Grizzly has probably about three times as many winter hours as summer.

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:30 pm 

My Ride: 2012 BF750
That's awesome, I did the same thing this year.

Where I used to live, there was an oval plowed on Lake Superior for the bikes to race on. Now that I live in small town again, I'm the only one with a true ice racing set up, so over the Xmas holidays I plowed an oval on the local minnow pond. We were out there every day for a week and had a blast!

I didn't bother lowering it, but it was still fun as hell.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2011 KLX110
1985 LT230
1986 LT160
gone but still loved...2006 Prairie 700, 2008 BF750i, 2009 Teryx 750
I don't list all the mods, but unless I supercharge the V Force, I've run out of things to do to it or bolt on to it.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:32 pm 

tool_man wrote:
I didn't bother lowering it, but it was still fun as hell.
Hey, that's one of the beauties about running an ice oval: no expensive suspension mods necessary! 150 bucks worth of racing studs, and you're good to go.

Wow, way up there in Atikokan!!! That minnow pond doesn't happen to be the same one that they used to run Ontario's only summer snowmobile watercross on is it?

As far as ice racing ATVs goes, I think it's just a matter of time before there's an association out there promoting sanctioned Ice Racing for ATVs in Ontario. It's just too much fun, not to be a sport.
I'm not a big fan of Side X Sides since they're much less adaptable to our extreme rocky trails here around Haliburton and Gooderham, but I'd love to try a studded Wildcat, Razr, Commander, etc out on our ice oval, especially with 2 or 3 machines side by side in the corners. :thumbs:

Can it get any gooder!!! :smile: :smile:

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:04 pm 

My Ride: 2012 BF750
haha...exactly the minnow pond where the watercross is held, although it's been a few years since we've had a sanctioned event there :sad:

It is right beside the mud racing track, and about 800 yards from the MX track though. We're pretty lucky to have all of that, and it's only a 5 minute ride from my house. And mountain bike trails, snowshoe trails, horse facilities, something for everyone. It's also the gateway to 2 abandoned open pit iron mines, and dozens of different access points to the Adventure Trails

check out
http://www.charlesonrecreationarea.com/

We had two Teryx's and a Grizzly out on Lake Superior before, but not studded. Tons of fun.

2011 KLX110
1985 LT230
1986 LT160
gone but still loved...2006 Prairie 700, 2008 BF750i, 2009 Teryx 750
I don't list all the mods, but unless I supercharge the V Force, I've run out of things to do to it or bolt on to it.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:37 pm 

Wow, ATVing, mud racing, motocross, etc, all within the boundaries of the town.
Other than ice racing, I'm too old and out-of-shape to enjoy these kind of silly activities any more.
But my guess is that, as the sport of recreational ATVing becomes more "socially acceptable" in Ontario, there's a whole new world of motorized off-road sport out there waiting to be developed upon. (Hey, I'll take a bike over a canoe any day, lol.)
I think it's the tree-huggers that killed watercross, but luckily for you guys up there, tree-hugging is probably a "bad word."
Hey, if you're a tree hugger, feel free to crucify me; I'm used to it here in the south. lol

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:56 pm 

My Ride: 2013 CanAm800xt Max
Always use a trunk protector strap when hugging trees.

Post subject: Servicing Stop
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:41 am 

My Ride: no ride
Awsome! :D Servicing Stop