2koolperformance 5pointcottage burgerworld northbayatvclub 2koolperformance 5pointcottage
Quaddealers
News and Announcements
Mudhole Links
Mudhole.ca is for sale!!
Contact Larry via email at admin@mudhole.ca for info!!

It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 4:02 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:30 pm 

My Ride: Cat/Yamaha
If you care about the future of ATV'ing share the below with every person/business/establishment that you know, this needs to go viral fast.

If we can get each and every atv'er and business owner to share this message and show there support, we would have a huge backing and I do believe local business backing would hugely benefit this cause and them financially. I opened a forum open for every province in Canada on our forum to discuss this and to show your support.
Almost everyone I talk to that atv's except a very select few want more access but we all need to speak up, thoughts are not voices and many voices are what is going to change this.

I think some communities have started to do this. I believe a few things are needed. The first and biggest is a want and desire from the local community businesses for the potential for increased business. Second is to have the community agree that increased traffic will also mean an increase in economic impact for them. Pete Searl speaks about P2P(and remember he works for a board so this is his opinion right now) we have 2 anchors(Huntsville and Parry Sound) neither community allows atv's on road in any shape right now. We get calls/emails from many people(GTA and beyond) looking to come up to our area and go riding. Most are wanting to park their trailer and be able to quickly get on trail.

They are not looking to be riding all over the town just able to get fuel/food and then into the dirt on trails that are(hopefully) safe, signed, maintained. So while he does mention hotels etc in these 2 towns most times they are going places like the Parry Sound KOA(little plug here(great place and right on the Seguin Trail), missed opportunity. Of course these people also need to buy food/fuel. Guess what same thing, they can't get into town so they will make use of(example) Georgian Bay Travel Center.

Pete Searl been at many Council meetings where it is the ATV groups asking for access but what I haven't seen is the businesses there. What a lot do not seem to realize is that this business(atv/sxs/motorcycles) is out there and these people are looking for places to ride that have user friendly towns. Our neighbours to the South seem to be realizing this and making use of it. P2P brings people(tourists) to the region(great evidence of this is from our
trail pass sales which shows about %85-90 of our passes are sold to people in the GTA and beyond. Obviously they are not coming up here to stay at a hotel, go camping etc. They are coming up here to ride the trails and due to that are staying at our hotels, go camping, buy fuel, food etc. I may not know all the answers but I do believe the residents/businesses and councils need to fully embrace access and help support the groups that are trying to provide the trails for them to use (yes I do mean financially, we have a couple that do right now but both Huntsville and Parry Sound do not). There you have it, a few thoughts from my perspective. How to go about it I'm not sure but the first(I believe) is to get everyone agreeing that access should be allowed to start. Supporting the trails is the next as without that there is no reason to have access anyway.

All clubs and organizations would have to work as one, imagine taking a vacation on your ATV to another province, from your front door! Imagine the extra income for our local establishments, the taxes towards better citie's

We need you: From fun to safety, the combined efforts of ATV riders can accomplish far more than one ATV rider can individually. In fact, only the collective imagination and talent of a club's members limit the possibilities, while helping to give us a strong voice to promote local trail development and ATV safety - Why don't you have your voice heard today!

Nelson Fletcher
NBATVC - President
705-845-5606
nelsonfletcher@cogeco.ca
http://www.northbayatv.org/club

31 Prince Edward Dr
North Bay, Ont
P1A2T6
http://www.northbayatv.org

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:23 pm 

My Ride: 13 CanAm 1000XT Max
I'm not being a smart ass but so I understand fully your "club"? You have no trails, you have no affiliation, you don't sell passes, you do sell memberships. The part that intrigues me most is the fact that you appear to be about protecting ATV access to public lands where we can ride currently, I think I have this correct? This is a critical function and thanks for taking it up we can never have enough advocates on our side. The COHV has thrown big bucks in one particular basket and we now have less areas to ride everyday we get up. :lol6

Your posts seem more akin to a "quazzy" federation than to a club? I only ask because we all know we have several "clubs" a federation, some affiliated and some not. Some private, some not and then the largest group of ATVers out there, the ones who belong to none of the above.

Man wouldn't it be easier if we were all on the same page ........ I have to offer congratulations though you seem to have created something new. Considering all the successes we enjoy as an ATVer in Ontario today perhaps you have the right idea?

Best of Luck ........

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:54 pm 

My Ride: 07 kodiak 450 se
If Quebec can do it and Hatfield McCoy trails in West Virginia can do it I don't see why Ontario can't get it together. I have ridden Hatfield Mccoy 3 times in less than 2 yrs (1 yr trail pass $50) ,this riding area is not as big as what could be in Ontario but they sure like us riders down there no complaints about atvs on roads ,buying gas ,staying in lodges,motels , cabins ,eating in restaurants that don't carry if your full of mud or not ,it's big business for them especially for these communities that want to build on a growing outdoor activity .I winter ride Quebec( 1 yr pass$180 ) and on any giving weekend it's hard to get a parking spot ,groomed trails ,access to gas and food , lodgings ,they sure like my business , and the fact that I come back for more each weekend all winter. All you hear on all these forums is everyone fighting about how much money there going to lose for trails ,memberships ,etc ,think of the money that there not making because these clubs can't get it together and organize.just think of all the money these local business and communities are losing and if and when anything will every happen in Ontario will it be to late for the local business and small communities that could have survived if all the clubs and governments could get it together . I'm 62 years old and have been riding atv s since 1985 and I haven't seen any change ,just bitching and complaining. It's time Ontario to move to the future.

Sorry about the rant but It's time.

07 Kodiak 450 SE
25" BIGHORNS
Epi clutch kit
Heated grips
Windshield

85 moto4 80cc

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:52 am 

My Ride: 2014 Outy Max 800
Until there is true political will, it will be very slow going towards a 1 pass system.
I am not willing to fork out $2-300 for a yearly pass plus pay HST on top to pay for high priced politically appointed bearucrats that know nothing or could care less about the sport.
OFSC is now a struggling entity, even this last winter with all it's snow won't be enough to bring enough new sledders due to the high price of machines, gas, insurance and permits.

For the time being, I am happy to support 1 club whose trails I ride on the most . $120 is far cheaper than $300.

That reminds me, I think my yearly membership has lapsed.

Can Am Heated Grips
Tires and more coming :)

Sold 2008 Camo Grizz 700
Hairy Back
Sold 400 Outy and 8x8 Argo
http://www.youtube.com/user/mtnbikehead ... rid&view=0
Sold Shack on Haliburton Lake

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:31 am 

Hi Buttsy, your post was not taken as being a smart ass at all, I will try to address your questions, please feel free to let me know if I did not answer them.

We ride crown land and most of the trails we ride are available as .gpx files on our site. Notice I did not say our trails, I believe the phrase "our trails" should only be used as "our trails" meaning Canadian trails not a clubs.

We have no affiliation right now, until their is one voice it is kind of hard to have an affiliation. I do believe if every person who atv's, caters to atv'ing was to write to the ofatv, government etc we could make a large difference. Imagine millions of letters being sent out, I believe that would change everything.

I personally enjoy atv'ing, I am a little stubborn and that can be a good thing, I want change for all of us and I would like it now, its time that we, who spend millions in Canada on ATV's, restaurants, gas, sporting goods, hotels and more have our say.

And yes it would be easier if we were all on the same page, that is what my post was about. Anyone who was suggestions, I would love to hear them, all I would like to see is a unified voice, Paying large sums of cash to various federations and organizations is fine so long we all benefit.

Hope this clears a few things up and I look forward to hearing from you and everyone who atv's

Nelson

Buttsy wrote:
I'm not being a smart ass but so I understand fully your "club"? You have no trails, you have no affiliation, you don't sell passes, you do sell memberships. The part that intrigues me most is the fact that you appear to be about protecting ATV access to public lands where we can ride currently, I think I have this correct? This is a critical function and thanks for taking it up we can never have enough advocates on our side. The COHV has thrown big bucks in one particular basket and we now have less areas to ride everyday we get up. :lol6

Your posts seem more akin to a "quazzy" federation than to a club? I only ask because we all know we have several "clubs" a federation, some affiliated and some not. Some private, some not and then the largest group of ATVers out there, the ones who belong to none of the above.

Man wouldn't it be easier if we were all on the same page ........ I have to offer congratulations though you seem to have created something new. Considering all the successes we enjoy as an ATVer in Ontario today perhaps you have the right idea?

Best of Luck ........

31 Prince Edward Dr
North Bay, Ont
P1A2T6

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:36 am 

Hi John1, sorry this is not much of a response, all I have to say is please don't apologize about "a rant", your post hit the nail on the head, the big thing is how do you get everyone unified? I as thinking of starting a "voice" for all ATV'ers myself, no cost to join, just one voice so we can make a difference. All we need is to work as one and we will have change.

Nelson

john1 wrote:
If Quebec can do it and Hatfield McCoy trails in West Virginia can do it I don't see why Ontario can't get it together. I have ridden Hatfield Mccoy 3 times in less than 2 yrs (1 yr trail pass $50) ,this riding area is not as big as what could be in Ontario but they sure like us riders down there no complaints about atvs on roads ,buying gas ,staying in lodges,motels , cabins ,eating in restaurants that don't carry if your full of mud or not ,it's big business for them especially for these communities that want to build on a growing outdoor activity .I winter ride Quebec( 1 yr pass$180 ) and on any giving weekend it's hard to get a parking spot ,groomed trails ,access to gas and food , lodgings ,they sure like my business , and the fact that I come back for more each weekend all winter. All you hear on all these forums is everyone fighting about how much money there going to lose for trails ,memberships ,etc ,think of the money that there not making because these clubs can't get it together and organize.just think of all the money these local business and communities are losing and if and when anything will every happen in Ontario will it be to late for the local business and small communities that could have survived if all the clubs and governments could get it together . I'm 62 years old and have been riding atv s since 1985 and I haven't seen any change ,just bitching and complaining. It's time Ontario to move to the future.

Sorry about the rant but It's time.

31 Prince Edward Dr
North Bay, Ont
P1A2T6

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:41 am 

Until we speak as one unified voice, politics will change nothing, millions of Canadians businesses and atv'ers speaking on one topic and asking for change will drive changes quickly. I and most of our members are not willing to fork out tons of money for yearly passes, we charge $20 for the year and that just helps us have fun out on rides and meetings, we raised some money for charity recently but money to have change is not required, having everyone on the same page at the same time is what's needed.

Nelson

Rockhead wrote:
Until there is true political will, it will be very slow going towards a 1 pass system.
I am not willing to fork out $2-300 for a yearly pass plus pay HST on top to pay for high priced politically appointed bearucrats that know nothing or could care less about the sport.
OFSC is now a struggling entity, even this last winter with all it's snow won't be enough to bring enough new sledders due to the high price of machines, gas, insurance and permits.

For the time being, I am happy to support 1 club whose trails I ride on the most . $120 is far cheaper than $300.

That reminds me, I think my yearly membership has lapsed.

31 Prince Edward Dr
North Bay, Ont
P1A2T6

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:11 pm 

My Ride: 13 CanAm 1000XT Max
Hey Nelson thanks for the reply and taking my post the way it was intended. I wish you well in your venture with your club and hopefully others will join in.

As far as a solution, I used to think with all the great folks involved across the province that " the greater good for all " would become the mantra. I now accept until someone says " you have to do this " little will change.

Thanks from a fellow ATVer........ :thumbs:

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:57 pm 

I do believe if every person who atv's, caters to atv'ing was to unify, we could make a large difference. Imagine millions people in Canada backing on objective, I believe that would change everything.

I personally enjoy atv'ing, I want change for all of us and I would like it now, its time that we, who spend millions in Canada on ATV's, restaurants, gas, sporting goods, hotels and more have our say.

We need to be all on the same page, anyone who was suggestions, I would love to hear them, all I would like to see is a unified voice. I am not talking spending money on one organization or another, I am referring to one page/website/group, that's free with the only objective being to make change for us, put all our emails/letters and voice into one package

31 Prince Edward Dr
North Bay, Ont
P1A2T6

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:33 pm 
Senior Moderator

My Ride: GNX
duckdog wrote:
How to go about it I'm not sure but the first(I believe) is to get everyone agreeing that access should be allowed to start. Supporting the trails is the next as without that there is no reason to have access anyway.

I could go on for days about the topic this thread addresses and in fact I have, my ramblings are scattered throughout this vast website. So today I just wanted to address this one quote above duckdog, as I believe it to be incorrect.

First I believe by "access" you mean to towns?

If this is true then getting "access" and then "supporting the trails" is a backwards approach, it should be getting trails and ATV/SxS etc to use those trails then work on the "access". Once you have good trails and ATVers begin to utilize them, arriving with gas cans, coolers, camping gear. The towns business community will see the customers they could access just outside their borders and will likely be more motivated.

Its hard for them to get motivated before the fact as it may be upsetting to current/present (non-motorsports) customers and with only pie in the sky as potential financial gain whats their upside?

On a side note:

I do feel for your difficult position, in the north you are surrounded by hundreds of square miles of excellent trails. Yet you are also surrounded by thousands of people that believe clubs/federations/etc are a curse to be avoided at all cost. You know the story: "This is our land we've used it for years without needing any damn club, who are they to think they can make me pay?"

Let me give you a little insight, the founders of this board were of that mind years back. Through the owning of this board and reading its posts and becoming more educated on whats required they are now of a different mind. The problem is most folks don't own an ATV board and don't educate themselves on whats really going on. And that my friend is your challenge, how to change that mindset?

My 2 cents,
Sting :wink:

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:45 pm 
Senior Moderator

My Ride: GNX
Opps, just noticed that this thread is from 2014....oh well better late than never :lol6