2koolperformance 5pointcottage burgerworld northbayatvclub 2koolperformance 5pointcottage
Quaddealers
News and Announcements
Mudhole Links
Mudhole.ca is for sale!!
Contact Larry via email at admin@mudhole.ca for info!!

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:49 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:14 am 

This is the only site I hit that blocks the back button on my browser. When I have clicked into a thread, if I click the back button, nothing happens. This happens on 5 different computers I use. I am using IE 8. It must be this site, not IE or any of my computers, can't it be fixed?

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:46 am 

My Ride: 2013 Polaris RZR
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12988

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:56 am 
Gold Card Member

My Ride: 2009 Polaris 800 EFI
Basically just hit the back button 3 times...... :scratch:

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:59 pm 

My Ride: O8 Can-am 800XT
CRASHER wrote:
Basically just hit the back button 3 times...... :scratch:

Thats what I do...

Cheers,
VEn

#98 TURNER PERFORMANCE/ LITMMPRO PRODUCTIONS
HIS-Can-Am 800XT CAMO
Full Ricochet skids, A-arm guards, 30" SilverBacks, RDC Swamplocks, Gorilla Rad Relocate, HMF exhaust, SRG snorkel, SRG Clutch Kit, BRP HPG shocks front rear, HD springs front & rear, Renegade Footpegs,2inch lift, Heated H&T warmer

HERS-09 Can-am 800R Renegade
28" SilverBacks, 312 rims, SRG snorkeled,Gorilla Rad relocate, Yellow HMF Utility Exhaust, Daulton Clutch kit, Full Skids

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:45 pm 
Gold Card Member

Info lnks are advertising for the website. We all enjoy having a donations only website, to keep it this way there has to be ways of creating revenue to pay to keep this server going.
We dont wanna pay a membership fee right.....

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:55 pm 

My Ride: 2013 Polaris RZR
Money show me the money.

this place is great and full of great people and info great help from the mods and admins.

I have as of yet not found a better forum with the help that comes from this place.

Bring on the Wine :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:32 am 

On this particualr thread, I hit the back button at least 20 times and nothing. I get that the site is free, I get this helps pay for it, it doesn't mean it can't be fixed. Not being able to click the back button isn't generating any revenue.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:59 am 
Gold Card Member

yyz wrote:
On this particualr thread, I hit the back button at least 20 times and nothing. I get that the site is free, I get this helps pay for it, it doesn't mean it can't be fixed. Not being able to click the back button isn't generating any revenue.

I will have one of the admin or senior mods answer you on that one as I am sure they are or have looked into it.

Thanks...

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:56 pm 

I too have experienced the same problem. It started out as just hitting the back button 3 times seemed to work, but now at least 10 times might work. I've just started using Firefox when browsing this site - seems to work ok. Would be nice to get the problem resolved tho'...

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:47 pm 
Assistant Senior Moderator

My Ride: '09 Rzr-S H.O.
I run Firefox for my browser...no problems with the 'back button... :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:39 am 

CRASHER wrote:
Info lnks are advertising for the website. We all enjoy having a donations only website, to keep it this way there has to be ways of creating revenue to pay to keep this server going.
We dont wanna pay a membership fee right.....

You guys run your own server? should only cost $15 a month to run a site like this. Hardly any reason to have advertising or pay membership.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:59 am 
Gold Card Member

My Ride: Quadless for now
For those of you having issues with the back button I suggest you do like I have always done.
Notice at the bottom and top it reads in blue -Board index>mudhole website>site feedback. If you click on site feedback it will bring you back to the main feedback thread with all the posts. If you wanna go to the MAIN mudhole page click board index or the guy on fire top left

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:50 am 

bring on the mud wrote:
For those of you having issues with the back button I suggest you do like I have always done.
Notice at the bottom and top it reads in blue -Board index>mudhole website>site feedback. If you click on site feedback it will bring you back to the main feedback thread with all the posts. If you wanna go to the MAIN mudhole page click board index or the guy on fire top left

Why not remove Infolinks and make the site navigatable again. Why ruin the user experience. This site is starting to look more like a site that is interested in making money than one that is here to provide for ATVers. It's being heavily commercialized.

Instructions on the removal of InfoLinks for IE:

1) Open the IE options.
This can be done by using the Tools menu within IE and selecting “Internet Options”, by right-clicking on the IE icon on your desktop or Start menu and selecting “Internet Options”, or by launching “Internet Options” from inside the Windows Control Panel.
2) From the IE Options window, select the Security tab
3) From within the security tab, click on the “Restricted sites” icon and then click the [Sites] button right below it.
4) A list box window will pop up. In the “Add this website to the zone:” filed type in *.infolinks.com then click the [Add] button.

Glenn

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:09 pm 

My Ride: 2009 Sportsman 850xp
yyz wrote:

Acutally I would think it is. Every time you hit the back button the page, or at least some part of the page is reloading. Thier ads are being tracked and each time they load it counts an an impression. These use these impression numbers to help sell more ads. Every time you hit the back button they are that much happier.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:06 pm 
Owner

Steve wrote:
yyz wrote:

Acutally I would think it is. Every time you hit the back button the page, or at least some part of the page is reloading. Thier ads are being tracked and each time they load it counts an an impression. These use these impression numbers to help sell more ads. Every time you hit the back button they are that much happier.

this "glitch" has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with mudhole admin.. It's a program glitch and we are looking into it.. Thanks for your patience.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:20 pm 
Gold Card Member

My Ride: Woman
HopsNBarley wrote:

Why not remove Infolinks and make the site navigatable again. Why ruin the user experience. This site is starting to look more like a site that is interested in making money than one that is here to provide for ATVers. It's being heavily commercialized.

1) Open the IE options.
This can be done by using the Tools menu within IE and selecting “Internet Options”, by right-clicking on the IE icon on your desktop or Start menu and selecting “Internet Options”, or by launching “Internet Options” from inside the Windows Control Panel.
3) From within the security tab, click on the “Restricted sites” icon and then click the [Sites] button right below it.
4) A list box window will pop up. In the “Add this website to the zone:” filed type in *.infolinks.com then click the [Add] button.

Glenn

THANK YOU GLENN..this option works awesome. :thumbs: :band:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:10 am 
Senior Moderator

My Ride: GNX
Found this:

In firefox: go to adblock+ in add ons, click options then add a filter with the following address:
http://resources.infolinks.com/js/infolinks_main.js

:band:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:06 pm 
Senior Moderator

HopsNBarley wrote:
bring on the mud wrote:

1) Open the IE options.

Glenn

SWEET!!!!!

The info links are gone, I think I love you!!!! :admire:

Now I just gotta break the news to the wife! :beer:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:46 pm 
Assistant Senior Moderator

My Ride: '09 Rzr-S H.O.
sting wrote:
Found this:

In firefox: go to adblock+ in add ons, click options then add a filter with the following address:

Thanks....sting! :beer: :beer: :thumbs:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:56 pm 
Senior Moderator

Kodiaktamer wrote:
sting wrote:
Found this:

Thanks....sting! :beer: :beer: :thumbs:

I know how you feel, trust me!! :thumbs: