2koolperformance 5pointcottage burgerworld northbayatvclub 2koolperformance 5pointcottage
Quaddealers
News and Announcements
Mudhole Links
Mudhole.ca is for sale!!
Contact Larry via email at admin@mudhole.ca for info!!

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:40 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:32 am 

My Ride: Garage is empty
I will start a new thread so as not to hijack the one about the 07 April ATV Junkies ride thread. I placed it in this sub forum as most others don't seem appropriate. If a staff member feels it is more appropriate in another sub forum feel free to move it.

Crasher: Thank you for the level headed approach. When you edited and moderated the 07 April ATV junkies ride thread. I moderate at a forum with 325,000 members and it is at times difficult the keep things civil and still keep the "intent" of the messages intact. People seem to forget when the espouse the term "free speech" that these forums are PRIVATELY owned and operated entities. As such there is NO right to "free speech" it is based upon the owners, (in this case HATVA), and their appointed staff to decide what is acceptable and what is not. Members if they feel their "free speech" is being impeded upon can make two choices, accept that they are a "guest" in someone else's home and respect the rules of that home, or leave, and find a new better suited home.

It is rather unfortunate some have decided that only those with the same level of riding expertise should go on organized rides. I am sure the first we all jumped on an ATV we looked foolish to others with more experience. If only "experienced riders" are to be permitted on the rides then how does one gain this experience?? Yes it can be frustrating for the experienced riders, having to lower their level of riding to accommodate less experienced riders. But just imagine how an inexperienced rider feels. They KNOW they are holding others back, they are also intimidated by the much more experienced riders telling them they can do something, which they have never tried nor encountered before. Not all of us are fortunate or gifted enough to part the waters or even to be able walk on water..LOL

So perhaps we would all be well served to remember how we felt the first few times we rode, rather than expect those with less experience to simply NOT get involved and enjoy this "sport and HOBBY" we all have come to enjoy and love.

Now I am sure great offense will be taken by some, (but I have big and broad shoulders), but if you take just a minute to read what I am saying you will see it is logical, and pragmatic.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:45 pm 
Senior Moderator

My Ride: GNX
Thanks MarkL for your nicely worded and much appreciated post; I’m sure Crasher will be pleased to read it also.

There is however an error in your post, it is:

“As such there is NO right to "free speech" it is based upon the owners, (in this case HATVA), and their appointed staff to decide what is acceptable and what is not.”

The HATVA does not own this site; they are simply sponsors of it, the site is owned by members “Trout” and “Frankthetank”, they are 2 ATV riders that hail from North Bay.

Cheers,
Sting :wink:

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:38 pm 
Gold Card Member

My Ride: 2009 Polaris 800 EFI
Thanks MarkL and Sting....

Opinions are just that "opinions" and sometimes I feel something is ok or not ok and others dissagree.

If it happens to be the chain of command here that dissagrees such as our boss STING or the big bosses TROUT or FRANKTHETANK, then they are sure to let us know. So sometimes we get moderated too.... (speaking from experience...)

Anyways.... this site is suppose to be about enjoying our sport and everything it means.
To me that is of course ATVing but also about the people you meet, the beers around the fire pit or back at the hotel and the pictures that show up in our forums to remind ya of the dumb mistakes ya made as ya broke that axel....

Have fun people and hope to meet you all sooner or later.................... :thumbs:

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:35 am 

Thanks Sting for the clarification

Crasher I here you we have at our forum and admin, (Owner), and Super moderators, (such as me), and then Moderators. At times the Mods and Super mods need to be moderated..LOL But that is why the Admin, is the owner and the rest of us are just pinons..LMAO But all in all it takes a GREAT staff to ensure a forum runs smoothly and hopefully the majority, realize what a difficult job it is to walk the fine line.

Some think mods edit or clarify posts only as a "power trip" :lol6 when in fact it is done to keep things civil and the forum welcoming to all members. It is a tough volunteer position. :pissed: :pissed:
Hats off folks.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:41 pm 

My Ride: 2014 Grizzly 700 SE
Gents;
After having been the ride developer, organizer, planner, trail boss, photographer, and post ride report developer for a couple of hundred rides with 100's of different riders, I can assure you I have never been aware of any disgruntled riders, with the exception of one. No one has ever been made to feel like they are not experienced to ride in our group or unwelcome including the ride in May 2009 when we had twenty-two people behind me. It was an excellent day. Many of the people we ride with all the time these days were on that ride for the 1st time.

And MarL....By the way, Crasher is an excellent moderator. He did show a very level headed approach after I brought it to his attention after it had gotten nasty for a couple of days and I had no powers to look after it myself as a non moderator.

- Zillas wrapped around SS 212 Black Matte Rims
- Yamaha Skids
- 3000 lb Superwinch
- Grip and Thumb Warmers
- Moose Rear Soft Bag
- Garmin GPS Map62s / RAM Mount
- SPOT 2 Satelite Messenger
- GoPro HD Helmut Cam

Photos: http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa17 ... adventure/
Video:(2007 - Present) - YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/My17A/videos?view=pl

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:34 pm 

17A wrote:
Gents;
After having been the ride developer, organizer, planner, trail boss, photographer, and post ride report developer for a couple of hundred rides with 100's of different riders, I can assure you I have never been aware of any disgruntled riders, with the exception of one. No one has ever been made to feel like they are not experienced to ride in our group or unwelcome including the ride in May 2009 when we had twenty-two people behind me. It was an excellent day. Many of the people we ride with all the time these days were on that ride for the 1st time.

And MarL....By the way, Crasher is an excellent moderator. He did show a very level headed approach after I brought it to his attention after it had gotten nasty for a couple of days and I had no powers to look after it myself as a non moderator.

Thank you, you are truly an exceptional member here at Mudhole as well as being a tireless ATV organizer and ride leader in your area. It is great when all riders are made to feel welcome and regardless of the experience. I am hoping to get out your way next season and experience one of your great adventures. We need MORE people like you in this sports
and more to step up and take a lead so that it is not always left to fall upon the shoulders of a few such as yourself. Hats off.