2koolperformance 5pointcottage burgerworld northbayatvclub 2koolperformance 5pointcottage
Quaddealers
News and Announcements
Mudhole Links
Mudhole.ca is for sale!!
Contact Larry via email at admin@mudhole.ca for info!!

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:33 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:36 pm 

My Ride: 2014 Grizzly 700 SE
Just a quick report on the performance of the Grizzly so far.

No problems at all through 1600 km's.

Power: Lots of it. Not the handle bar ripping out of your hands like the Brute power but very good bottom end torque. Accelerates smoothly and quickly and has no flat spots. It does take a while to climb after about 80 kph. I have had it up to 106 Kph on hard packed dirt road. That is with me at around 200 lbs, Winch, Approx 40 lbs in the rear bag and 26" Zillas.

Handling: The Outlanders handled great, the Brute was better than the Outlanders and the Grizzly is better than the Brute. Very light and nimble in tight trails. On fast logging roads it corners on rails. It is the most stable machine I have owned hands down. Partly because of the wider Zillas, but very stable non the less. I think they are three inches wider than previous year Grizzlies.

Fuel Economy: With our varied riding of fast logging roads and plenty of deep in the woods 4WD, it gets consistently around 8.5 - 9 L/100 km's. x 20 Liter tank = 170 - 185 Km's per tank! A couple of the rides we did 130 km's and I added only 13 liters, so still had seven left. I never bring fuel on the rides any more.

Overheating: None. Have rode on some hot days deep in the woods with little air flow and no problems. Rad is well protected and sits high. Fan runs well and often but no issues for me.

Ease of Maintenance: Plastics all come off very easily after you get the hang of removing all those PITA Japanese plastic quick fasteners. Getting at the Air filter is a bit tedious but not to bad. The stock filter is a large flat duel density oiled foam type that does an excellent job. Not very expensive at around $20.00 and they are washable/re-usable. The oil filter is not difficult to get too. Even easier if you remove a panel as the book says. There are four grease fittings on the rear pivot arms that are a bit of a pain to get too. The spark plug is accessible without removing anything. Getting at the rad for cleaning is easy. Just put the hose in there and spray some Spray nine on it and seems to get it clean as a whistle. The entire rad can easily be accessed if you remove a front panel for more in depth cleaning. The battery is accessed easily and is very well protected. The Grizzly can go very deep in stock form. Both the CVT intake and exhaust are well protected and high.

Plastics: Don't have any scratches at all which I am surprised at with all the bush stuff we do. Primary detailer for the plastics is Lemon Pledge. I have used Maguires Tire Shine but it seems to smear a bit on the black. Same with Armour All, so I will stick with Pledge.

Bitches: No parking brake. There is "Park" for the tranny but if on a steep hill etc would be nice to have a brake.
Wish the racks were a touch larger.
If you screw up removing a quick fastener and strip it, they are a pain to get off.
The racks lose the coating easily. All I have put on mine is a soft rear "Moose" bag on the back rack and in a few spots all the coating is gone and it is bare metal.

Over All: Very happy with the Grizzly. It is very well put together and is a quality machine. The power is just right. Nothing wasted and plenty of it. The diff Lok system is the best one I have used. You are either locked or not with the push of a button. Carrying extra fuel is a thing of the past. Absolutely love the Black Plastics. Thought they would look crappy by the end of the season and if you don't clean them well and put a protectant on them they probably would. Like the Brute, Grizzlies have duel brake levers....always nice.

- Zillas wrapped around SS 212 Black Matte Rims
- Yamaha Skids
- 3000 lb Superwinch
- Grip and Thumb Warmers
- Moose Rear Soft Bag
- Garmin GPS Map62s / RAM Mount
- SPOT 2 Satelite Messenger
- GoPro HD Helmut Cam

Photos: http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa17 ... adventure/
Video:(2007 - Present) - YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/My17A/videos?view=pl

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:51 am 

My Ride: 04 400 Max XT BRP
17A wrote:
Just a quick report on the performance of the Grizzly so far.

No problems at all through 1600 km's.

Power: Lots of it. Not the handle bar ripping out of your hands like the Brute power but very good bottom end torque. Accelerates smoothly and quickly and has no flat spots. It does take a while to climb after about 80 kph. I have had it up to 106 Kph on hard packed dirt road. That is with me at around 200 lbs, Winch, Approx 40 lbs in the rear bag and 26" Zillas.

Handling: The Outlanders handled great, the Brute was better than the Outlanders and the Grizzly is better than the Brute. Very light and nimble in tight trails. On fast logging roads it corners on rails. It is the most stable machine I have owned hands down. Partly because of the wider Zillas, but very stable non the less. I think they are three inches wider than previous year Grizzlies.

Fuel Economy: With our varied riding of fast logging roads and plenty of deep in the woods 4WD, it gets consistently around 8.5 - 9 L/100 km's. x 20 Liter tank = 170 - 185 Km's per tank! A couple of the rides we did 130 km's and I added only 13 liters, so still had seven left. I never bring fuel on the rides any more.

Overheating: None. Have rode on some hot days deep in the woods with little air flow and no problems. Rad is well protected and sits high. Fan runs well and often but no issues for me.

Ease of Maintenance: Plastics all come off very easily after you get the hang of removing all those PITA Japanese plastic quick fasteners. Getting at the Air filter is a bit tedious but not to bad. The stock filter is a large flat duel density oiled foam type that does an excellent job. Not very expensive at around $20.00 and they are washable/re-usable. The oil filter is not difficult to get too. Even easier if you remove a panel as the book says. There are four grease fittings on the rear pivot arms that are a bit of a pain to get too. The spark plug is accessible without removing anything. Getting at the rad for cleaning is easy. Just put the hose in there and spray some Spray nine on it and seems to get it clean as a whistle. The entire rad can easily be accessed if you remove a front panel for more in depth cleaning. The battery is accessed easily and is very well protected. The Grizzly can go very deep in stock form. Both the CVT intake and exhaust are well protected and high.

Plastics: Don't have any scratches at all which I am surprised at with all the bush stuff we do. Primary detailer for the plastics is Lemon Pledge. I have used Maguires Tire Shine but it seems to smear a bit on the black. Same with Armour All, so I will stick with Pledge.

Bitches: No parking brake. There is "Park" for the tranny but if on a steep hill etc would be nice to have a brake.
Wish the racks were a touch larger.
If you screw up removing a quick fastener and strip it, they are a pain to get off.
The racks lose the coating easily. All I have put on mine is a soft rear "Moose" bag on the back rack and in a few spots all the coating is gone and it is bare metal.

Over All: Very happy with the Grizzly. It is very well put together and is a quality machine. The power is just right. Nothing wasted and plenty of it. The diff Lok system is the best one I have used. You are either locked or not with the push of a button. Carrying extra fuel is a thing of the past. Absolutely love the Black Plastics. Thought they would look crappy by the end of the season and if you don't clean them well and put a protectant on them they probably would. Like the Brute, Grizzlies have duel brake levers....always nice.

Thanks for posting!
I'm not at all surprised.Yamaha builds a good product.

Can-Am Max XT
27 " Mudlite XTR's on SS212's
Warn RT25

450 Honda Foreman
26" Mudlite XL's
Disc Brake Conversion
Rode hard and put away wet

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:36 am 

My Ride: 2011 Grizzly
Love the black colour :grin: ,9400 ks on my grizz and runs like the day i bought it

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:32 pm 

Muskoka Dave wrote:
Love the black colour :grin: ,9400 ks on my grizz and runs like the day i bought it

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

- Yamaha Skids
- 3000 lb Superwinch
- Grip and Thumb Warmers
- Moose Rear Soft Bag
- GoPro HD Helmut Cam

Video:(2007 - Present) - YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/My17A/videos?view=pl

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:02 am 

Nice report Dave.

I may have mentioned before about those "PITA Japanese plastic quick fasteners" :???:
Royal makes one that you pry the center section up with a screwdriver, I have replaced the Yam ones that get used most (air filter cover etc) with them, it makes the maintenance jobs much easier!

Yes they take deep water very well, when the water starts to go over the seat is when I start to get cautious.

My pet peeve is the seat is shorter than the old 660s, makes riding double when necessary overly uncomfortable unless of course it's a member of the opposite sex :wink:

04 Grizz sold good machine hard on wheel bearings
04 Bomb sold POS
00 Cat sold good machine
89 Suz 4x sold good machine
couple Hondas sold
Argo sold

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:15 pm 

senior wrote:
Nice report Dave.

I may have mentioned before about those "PITA Japanese plastic quick fasteners" :???:
Royal makes one that you pry the center section up with a screwdriver, I have replaced the Yam ones that get used most (air filter cover etc) with them, it makes the maintenance jobs much easier!

Yes they take deep water very well, when the water starts to go over the seat is when I start to get cautious.

My pet peeve is the seat is shorter than the old 660s, makes riding double when necessary overly uncomfortable unless of course it's a member of the opposite sex :wink:

Randy;
Next time I'm at Royal I will pick some of the fasteners up.

You got a new Grizzly this spring also right? Have you been out riding much?

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: For the Grizzlies

- Yamaha Skids
- 3000 lb Superwinch
- Grip and Thumb Warmers
- Moose Rear Soft Bag
- GoPro HD Helmut Cam

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:48 pm 

My Ride: 2009 Yamaha 550 EFI/
Easy way to save some of the coating on the racks..get some of the 1/2 inch black closed cell insulation for hot water pipes.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:20 pm 

Fisherman wrote:
Easy way to save some of the coating on the racks..get some of the 1/2 inch black closed cell insulation for hot water pipes.

Good tip....thanx... :thumbs: :thumbs:

- Yamaha Skids
- 3000 lb Superwinch
- Grip and Thumb Warmers
- Moose Rear Soft Bag
- GoPro HD Helmut Cam

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:36 pm 

My Ride: 2014 Outy Max 800
I am convinced Dave has a few dozen new Stealth Black Grizzlies. I see him ride through mudholes and over dusty rocky terrain and his machine is about as dirty as everybody else at the end. Then the next ride, he has a sparkling clean brand new machine again.

Can Am Heated Grips
Tires and more coming :)

Sold 2008 Camo Grizz 700
Hairy Back
Sold 400 Outy and 8x8 Argo
http://www.youtube.com/user/mtnbikehead ... rid&view=0
Sold Shack on Haliburton Lake

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:28 am 

Rockhead wrote:
I am convinced Dave has a few dozen new Stealth Black Grizzlies. I see him ride through mudholes and over dusty rocky terrain and his machine is about as dirty as everybody else at the end. Then the next ride, he has a sparkling clean brand new machine again.

:grin: :grin:
Hand wash, pledge, Maguires on the rims and about three hours of work Gary.

- Yamaha Skids
- 3000 lb Superwinch
- Grip and Thumb Warmers
- Moose Rear Soft Bag
- GoPro HD Helmut Cam

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:09 pm 

My Ride: yamahaha grizz 700
I not sure wats goin on but i got a stealth Grizz Have done nothing but add front n rear bumpers and the 1 run i do is jusy over100km and i leave full and when im back home the light Is flashing empty ,,, I guess maybe im just to scared of burning out the fuel pump to let it get bone dry ¿

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:41 am 

grizz700 wrote:
I not sure wats goin on but i got a stealth Grizz Have done nothing but add front n rear bumpers and the 1 run i do is jusy over100km and i leave full and when im back home the light Is flashing empty ,,, I guess maybe im just to scared of burning out the fuel pump to let it get bone dry ¿

Is yours a 2014? The 30% better fuel economy is only on the 2014's. A guy we ride with has a 2013 550 Grizzly and he is empty at 100km's.

Like I mentioned above, I have done a few runs around 120 - 130 km's and only used 13 - 14 liters of a 20 liter tank. Light is not even flashing. When the light begins to flash on the 2014's you still have five liters on reserve. I think the most I have added is 14 liters.

- Yamaha Skids
- 3000 lb Superwinch
- Grip and Thumb Warmers
- Moose Rear Soft Bag
- GoPro HD Helmut Cam

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:29 pm 

My Ride: yamahaha grizz 700
No its a 2013 Ive herd of guys goin 130 km on a tank dont know how much it takes to get to full but cant be good for the fuel pump also notice they oil the air filter

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:13 am 

My Ride: 2007 kingquad 450
Hope you changed that air filter it wouldn't help your mileage being so dirty.
Skeet

Dalton clutch kit
Magellan GPS
Uni air filter
Eagle plow
hand and thumb warmer
85 Honda 350 sold
2010 Canam 650 XT
27" zillas
heated grips
frame insert mod
Eagle plow
Garmin 60cx Topo Canada

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:09 pm 

My Ride: 2014 Outy Max 800
grizz700 wrote:
No its a 2013 Ive herd of guys goin 130 km on a tank dont know how much it takes to get to full but cant be good for the fuel pump also notice they oil the air filter

I have been on some really long super dusty rides, and never had my Grizz Filter look that bad. That really must have choked out the Grizz.

Can Am Heated Grips
Tires and more coming :)

Sold 2008 Camo Grizz 700
Hairy Back
Sold 400 Outy and 8x8 Argo
http://www.youtube.com/user/mtnbikehead ... rid&view=0
Sold Shack on Haliburton Lake

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:59 pm 

My Ride: 2014 Grizzly 700
Good to hear !!! I have the 14 Grizz 700 and its the best bike i have owned ! Yea so its not as fast and fancy as the 650 and 800 can ams but it rides great has tons of toque great fuel economy (200 km per tank) and it was 2500 cheaper that a 650 can am
I have had no issues at all and ive got 900 km on her and i would buy another in a heart beat !

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:47 pm 

Countryboy82 wrote:
Good to hear !!! I have the 14 Grizz 700 and its the best bike i have owned ! Yea so its not as fast and fancy as the 650 and 800 can ams but it rides great has tons of toque great fuel economy (200 km per tank) and it was 2500 cheaper that a 650 can am
I have had no issues at all and ive got 900 km on her and i would buy another in a heart beat !

Same here!! :grin:

- Yamaha Skids
- 3000 lb Superwinch
- Grip and Thumb Warmers
- Moose Rear Soft Bag
- GoPro HD Helmut Cam

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:09 pm 

My Ride: 2014YamahaGrizzly700
That was an awesome report. You basically just answered all of my questions about the Grizzly haha. I don't own one yet but after reading that report, I will be purchasing one within the next few weeks.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:02 pm 

Great report and awesome ride 17a. Your report and posts helped make my decision on buying a 2014 Grizz. I was thinking about getting it in camo print but after seeing your tactical black, I might have to go with that hahahaa :thumbs:

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:44 am 

jrsa00 wrote:
Great report and awesome ride 17a. Your report and posts helped make my decision on buying a 2014 Grizz. I was thinking about getting it in camo print but after seeing your tactical black, I might have to go with that hahahaa :thumbs:

You will really like it. Shop around. I went to three different dealers and had three different deals. Quite a bit of difference in the price. If you are anywhere near Trenton check out "MotoSports of Trenton". It is the furthest one from me but it is where I bought my Grizzly. They really know their machines and treat you well.

You will find your service visits cost way less than than a Cam Am, if you have ever experienced them before. When you take your Grizzly in for it first 300km's Oil/Filter Change, Front and Rear Diffs Changed, Greased, Spark Plug Gapped Checked etc it will only cost you $140.00 and they did mine while I waited. Try that on an Outlander and it will be $350.00 and you won't see it for a week. The place where I used to go anyway.

Good luck and again you will really like it.... :ride:

- Yamaha Skids
- 3000 lb Superwinch
- Grip and Thumb Warmers
- Moose Rear Soft Bag
- GoPro HD Helmut Cam

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:02 pm 

My Ride: 2014 Grizzly 700
Also bought mine at MS of T and they are awesome there down to earth and treat you like one of there own
Bryan is a great salesman and I would purchase from there again
My Grizz has 1000 km now and runs flawless cant wait for yammie to bring a bigger engine to the grizz someday !

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:05 am 

Countryboy82 wrote:
Also bought mine at MS of T and they are awesome there down to earth and treat you like one of there own
Bryan is a great salesman and I would purchase from there again
My Grizz has 1000 km now and runs flawless cant wait for yammie to bring a bigger engine to the grizz someday !

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Give me a shout next spring and we'll get riding up north.... :ride:

- Yamaha Skids
- 3000 lb Superwinch
- Grip and Thumb Warmers
- Moose Rear Soft Bag
- GoPro HD Helmut Cam

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:21 pm 

After weeks upon weeks i have finally made the purchase of a new Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS.
pictures coming soon.
Special thanks goes out to this thread and the people in it in particular for helping to convince me to get my first ATV :beer:

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:00 pm 

jrsa00 wrote:
After weeks upon weeks i have finally made the purchase of a new Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS.
pictures coming soon.
Special thanks goes out to this thread and the people in it in particular for helping to convince me to get my first ATV :beer:

You won't regret it... :thumbs: :thumbs:

- Yamaha Skids
- 3000 lb Superwinch
- Grip and Thumb Warmers
- Moose Rear Soft Bag
- GoPro HD Helmut Cam

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:33 pm 

jrsa00 wrote:
pictures coming soon.

If you are not able to get out over the winter and can't wait to ride, here are a few vids from this past season on the Grizzly. These are north of napanee about an hour near the Cloyne area.

Leaving Whitefish Lake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRSzIjhc ... 690nkCZinc

Baudette Lake Area
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU9GGVo0 ... 0&index=13

Deep Hole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2v4UwXQ ... Gx3kkJc-PF

Close to Machesney Lake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQrSaKnP ... PF&index=5

Into the Rapids on the Madawaska River
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3hzOM7C ... rDrrnUDPmP

Overgrown Track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMBBwOCG ... mP&index=2

Black river
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPd9MVMG ... QG&index=1

South Shore of Merrill Lake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP5U93nS ... QG&index=4

- Yamaha Skids
- 3000 lb Superwinch
- Grip and Thumb Warmers
- Moose Rear Soft Bag
- GoPro HD Helmut Cam