2koolperformance 5pointcottage burgerworld northbayatvclub 2koolperformance 5pointcottage
Quaddealers
News and Announcements
Mudhole Links
Mudhole.ca is for sale!!
Contact Larry via email at admin@mudhole.ca for info!!

It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:25 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Vmuts trails
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:25 pm 

My Ride: 2012 rzr 900 xp
Went to North Bay last week and got to ride the vmuts trails. We had a blast. A very nice gentleman by the name of Raymond took us out. We did a lot of trails that he had not been on yet.
He took us to the birds eye view lookout and the second day we found the other lookout. He had been trying to find it but no luck. We got lucky and found it fairly easily. Boy was it worth it the view was fantastic with the fall colours. We also made it through the infamous 666 trail , I really liked that trail. We also found a few more fairly technical trails with water, mud and rocks. We can't wait to do it all again next year.
P. S. IMO the vmuts trail map needs to be upgraded.

Post subject: Re: Vmuts trails
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:15 pm 

My Ride: 550 Grizz x2
Sorry to bring back an old thread but I had to tell you all about the VMUTS ride we took this past weekend with another trail riding couple. With all the rain Sat Aug 16th we still managed 85kms of riding right from the Mattawa Adventure Camp about 1 mile east of town. We got to see the Bird's Eye View lookout, Kearny Lake, mica mine and a lot of nice scenery, great VMUTS map and trail markers. We only ran into maybe six other ATVs all day! Bob was leading when he came across a wolf enjoying the easy trail access. On the way back down this trail we saw deer tracks, maybe the wolf's lunch? Speaking of food, Wim and Claire from MAC prepared an awesome meal for us, great entertainment from Wim as well!

Sunday was a short day and we accessed the trail from Songis road in Redbridge northeast of North Bay. Just a little drizzle and a little sun made for a great 30km ride after all the liquid sunshine we got Saturday. The lookout at the west end of trail #27 was well worth the ride. I'd love to plan another trip to the area and homebase in North Bay this time to do the west trails a little more.

A great trail system enjoyed with great friends is all I need for a good weekend away to heal the soul. I couldn't wipe the perma-smile off my face all the way home!

2011 Yamaha Grizzly 550 EPS (mine)
-26" Swamplites
2012 Yamaha Grizzly 550 EPS (hers, see avatar)
-stock for now

Post subject: Re: Vmuts trails
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:29 pm 
Assistant Senior Moderator

My Ride: '09 Rzr-S H.O.
Glad you enjoyed the VMUTS, Frozen. If you ever return to the North Bay area, you should try to hit the trails down by Bonfield off Blue Sea Road. Some beautiful riding in that area also... :ride: