2koolperformance 5pointcottage burgerworld northbayatvclub 2koolperformance 5pointcottage
Quaddealers
News and Announcements
Mudhole Links
Mudhole.ca is for sale!!
Contact Larry via email at admin@mudhole.ca for info!!

It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:18 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Can-Am Commander 1000
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:39 pm 

My Ride: Can-Am XT800r MAX
I was at Cartronics in Napanee today as they had the all new Commander 1000 there as a demo.

Signed a waiver of course and took it for a spin out back on there small field. Holly crap does this thing have power.
For me I would have to say it was too much power. I could see myself getting into trouble with this thing......lol It took very little
from the throttle to get the rear end to slide out on the grass.

It was very comfortable to sit in and drive. Power steering would be the icing on the cake as turning sharply at low speeds took
some muscle power. I could see straight ahead very easily with nothing distracting my view. Gauge set was nicely displayed as well.

This thing has storage everywhere. The rear box tilted which would allow you to dump gravel or whatever. I liked the side netting and how it was secured
at the forward end with a type of seat belt click in, click out attachment. The seat belts were very secure and nicely situated also.

I'm not an expert on side x sides by any means, but if I am going to spend that type of $$ the Commander is what I would buy. The 800 would be enough
for what I would need. Now I want one of these things. Dam I shouldn't have drove it.... :lol6

Cartronics will have it there Saturday the 18th Sep 10. If you can check it out. It's a nice piece for sure. ...... :ride:

Blair
2011 Red Can-Am XT 800r Max
Kimpex Rear 2 up Box
Garmin 62Cs
Ricochet Skids
XMR rad mount kit
SS212 Black rims @ 27'' Zillas
Bottle of 5 Hour Energy

http://www.ontariosasquatch.com

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:07 am 

My Ride: 2014 Grizzly 700 SE
Good review Blair.....I'll probably head up to Cartronics soon and take it for a rip.

- Zillas wrapped around SS 212 Black Matte Rims
- Yamaha Skids
- 3000 lb Superwinch
- Grip and Thumb Warmers
- Moose Rear Soft Bag
- Garmin GPS Map62s / RAM Mount
- SPOT 2 Satelite Messenger
- GoPro HD Helmut Cam

Photos: http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa17 ... adventure/
Video:(2007 - Present) - YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/My17A/videos?view=pl

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:02 am 

I was sold on just the photo's, "New" Commander on order! my 2004 Rhino has been a very dependable ride for 6 + yrs. of ownership, and the darn thing held it's value on the trade-in.

1-Rogue

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:14 am 
Gold Card Member

My Ride: 2009 Polaris 800 EFI
They are very sharp. I also like the Polaris RZR but the only problem with both is that they are not allowed on roads and on most club trails. Even some of the crown land trails, my atv barely fits through..
If they ever are allowed on roads in Ontario then I would take a strong look at these two machines.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:29 pm 

My Ride: 2009 cat mud pro
I was at the snowmobile and atv show in Toronto on friday and a talked to a guy that has one and he isn't too happy, he said on his second ride he blew the head gasket, the worst part is there are no parts for it yet. He said it has been in the shop for 3 weeks and they still can't tell him when it will be fixed

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:46 pm 

My Ride: 13 CanAm 1000XT Max
First model years always make me a little nervous? CanAm in the past however has shown a reasonable effort to correct the mistakes on future models as well as existing models. I assume the 800 must be running at least the same motor as the Rene and Outlander? Seems relatively solid as they have been at it a few years now at least?

It does look sweet however................I agree 1-Rogue the pictures would sell me on it as well!! :cool: :cool:

I am with Crasher on it though where do you ride these things? We just had a massive ride on our club trails this past weekend and we do allow the side x side. However the Razor is really in its own class as it is not terribly wider than a large ATV. The rest are really making their own class "Mini-Pick-up" class as they are getting seriously big.

After the weekend past we might become a "Razor" friendly club rather than a side x side friendly club? :shock: :shock:

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:09 pm 
Gold Card Member

My Ride: 2009 Polaris 800 EFI
Buttsy wrote:
First model years always make me a little nervous? CanAm in the past however has shown a reasonable effort to correct the mistakes on future models as well as existing models. I assume the 800 must be running at least the same motor as the Rene and Outlander? Seems relatively solid as they have been at it a few years now at least?

I think you are correct in that it is the same motor and they say that in their advertisment?

Buttsy wrote:
I am with Crasher on it though where do you ride these things? We just had a massive ride on our club trails this past weekend and we do allow the side x side. However the Razor is really in its own class as it is not terribly wider than a large ATV. The rest are really making their own class "Mini-Pick-up" class as they are getting seriously big.

After the weekend past we might become a "Razor" friendly club rather than a side x side friendly club? :shock: :shock:

Ya that would get me into a RZR too, they are only 2 inches wider then my atv and yet I am a big boy and I sat in one of these and had lots of room for me and a passenger no problem. RZR is so slick looking too... I have seen videos from the states in the desert where the Commander would probably rule the sand dunes but for the trails, would have to say the RZR would be my choice of social ride.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:21 pm 

My Ride: 2010 outty max
did i just read Buttsy picking a polaris over a can am? :grin:

got the new commander out at our poker run..not sure if its gonna be a demo, on trail or just sat there looking pretty(about the best a can am can do) but should be interesting.

be fun to put it up against a certain RZR thats expected to show up... :bant:

2010 500ish Outlander XTP....The Black Pearl...wifes race bike. FFS Custom Built with Turners Performance loving.

2xhawkeyes...kids bikes..modded...YUP!!!

FFS Racing
http://www.fixnfabshop.ca/

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:56 am 

My Ride: 13 CanAm 1000XT Max
Quote:
did i just read Buttsy picking a polaris over a can am?

Quit spreading false rumours, no where in my post did I say that! :lol6 :lol6 :lol6

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:06 pm 

the $6000+ cheaper for the RZR might get my attention too..........likely enough cash saved up for the 750 weber turbo instal!!

Front and Rear Pure Polaris Brush Guards
Front and Rear Pure Polaris Lock N Ride Boxes
Glacier II 60" Plow system
3500 lbs Polaris Winch

2006 Yamaha 660 Rhino
14" ITP SS Rims
26" Terra Cross Radial Tires
Roof, windshield, fender flares, 4000lb winch

1999 Yamaha 350 Big Bear SE
**FOR SALE**

2007 Honda Rincon 680 SOLD
2005 Kawi Brute Force 750 SOLD
2004 Kawi KFX 400 SOLD

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:43 pm 

Location: Niagara Falls baby!!!!, probably pulling out a honda BTW hahaha
English wrote:

got the new commander out at our poker run..not sure if its gonna be a demo, on trail or just sat there looking pretty(about the best a can am can do) but should be interesting.

Well if it is there and it wants to play in the deep mud, I will put money down that my wife and her RZR do better or go farther or whatever ;)

04.5 500HO, RDC Lift Kit, Gorillas up front, Turners in the rear, RDC Aluminum Gas Cap and Overflow cap, RDC Bar Ends, RDC Throttle cover, HSP motor job, HSP Full Exhaust, QSC Clutch Kit, 29.5's on RDC Aluminum Swamp Lox, Rad racked, snork'd, goes real fast in the bog pit with around 46 HP!!!

http://www.rubberdowncustoms.ca
rubberdowncustoms@yahoo.ca
(905) 356-9181

Come see us on Face Book

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=50770347379&v=photos&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=50770347379&v=wall&ref=ts

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:14 pm 

My Ride: 2010 Polaris850XPEPS
rubberdown wrote:
English wrote:

Well if it is there and it wants to play in the deep mud, I will put money down that my wife and her RZR do better or go farther or whatever ;)

My Money goes on Melissa also

3500lb Winch, front and rear bumpers, handguards, heated thumb/handlebars, 60" Plow, 30" Law Radials, Tamarack Boom It rear box, RDC Gen II V2.0 Lift/Shifter Handle/Got Mud fairlead/Gas Cap/Rad Relocate,Footpegs, Center Snorks by Cooks Mills Customs, Dalton Clutch Kit, Gorilla Axles

2011 RZR XP
Work in progress but won't be stock