2koolperformance 5pointcottage burgerworld northbayatvclub 2koolperformance 5pointcottage
Quaddealers
News and Announcements
Mudhole Links
Mudhole.ca is for sale!!
Contact Larry via email at admin@mudhole.ca for info!!

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:02 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: RZR and the trails
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:44 pm 

I am interested in getting an RZR but am worried about where I can ride. I usally ride the rail trails like the sequin and want something like this I can pack the dog and the kid etc etc.

Anyhow is the extra comfort and space worth the issues with them not being allowed on certain trails.

Anywhere I am going to have issues with them being allowed on the trails?

thanks

Post subject: Re: RZR and the trails
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:52 pm 

My Ride: Garage is empty
It would be best to check with your local club, as it is dependent on municipalities bylaws as to where you can ride. For example in both HATVA and KATVA UTV's can not travel on the rail trail. Of course UTV's are not legal for any road in Ontario so again you would have to trailer to your selected riding area. Usually the OPP are pretty good about just crossing a road but if you get one with a burr in her/his...LOL

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:00 pm 

My Ride: 13 CanAm 1000XT Max
MarkL wrote:
It would be best to check with your local club

Thats the key I think.........I can suggest here in the South West the OFATV left it up to each club whether to accept side x sides on their trails. We accepted and several of the clubs around did as well. However the only side x side I would consider for down here would be the RZR and only the RZR not even the "S" model. 50" width will work but anything wider just do not fit the trails down this way?

The MTO (i think?) attended the OFATV AGM recently and when asked about side x sides and the 2up he suggested nothing will be done to the off road vehicle act to include them anytime soon. He commented he could only see the off road vehicle act getting stricter with less access as he quoted the alarming jump in accidents and ATV's. And more recently ATV's and automobiles?

Side x Side's sure look like fun though........... :thumbs:

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:00 pm 

anyone know by chance if they are allowed on the sequin trail?

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:05 pm 

My Ride: 07 Rincon, 07 TRX420
MarkL wrote:
It would be best to check with your local club, as it is dependent on municipalities bylaws as to where you can ride. For example in both HATVA and KATVA UTV's can not travel on the rail trail. Of course UTV's are not legal for any road in Ontario so again you would have to trailer to your selected riding area. Usually the OPP are pretty good about just crossing a road but if you get one with a burr in her/his...LOL

Although not allowed on the Haliburton County Rail Trail they ARE allowed on all other HATVA trails.

TWO 06 TRX250EXs (red)...........Tusk nerf bars, one with White Brothers skid plate, AC Racing swing arm skid plate
85 TRX125 (red)......................1 7/8" chrome trailer ball