2koolperformance 5pointcottage burgerworld northbayatvclub 2koolperformance 5pointcottage
Quaddealers
News and Announcements
Mudhole Links
Mudhole.ca is for sale!!
Contact Larry via email at admin@mudhole.ca for info!!

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:53 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:30 pm 

My Ride: 2010 Kawasaki Teryx
I've got some info I'd like to share and it's definately open for debate.

I'm in the legal business, I fight traffic tickets and part of that means to decipher and understand legislation. The following definition of an off road vehicle pursuant to the Off Road Vehicles Act includes,

"For the purposes of the definition of “off-road vehicle” in section 1 of the Act, the following classes of vehicles are prescribed:

1.2 Vehicles designed for utility applications or uses on all terrains that have four or more wheels and a seat that is not designed to be straddled by the driver."

In other words a UTV or side x side is classified as an off road vehicle. I would read it as a vehicle designed for use on all terrains, has four wheels and a seat that is "not" designed to be straddled by the driver. A s x s has a seat that the driver seats in not straddles as the usual atv or motorcycle does.

The Ontario Regulation 316/03 of the Highway Traffic Act, "Operation of Off-Road Vehicles on Highways" specifies, "Off Road Vehicle" has the same meaning as in the Off-Road Vehicles Act.

Side x sides can be driven on specific hwys as well as cross many hwys but not nearly the same as atv's.

I hope this helps clarify some issues and as I've previously read there really is no need to re-write legislation just allow more areas for s x s's to ride.

Thanks.