2koolperformance 5pointcottage burgerworld northbayatvclub 2koolperformance 5pointcottage
Quaddealers
News and Announcements
Mudhole Links
Mudhole.ca is for sale!!
Contact Larry via email at admin@mudhole.ca for info!!

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:11 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: what to buy for a UTV
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:08 pm 

Hi
I'm looking to buy a UTV. Which UTV would you recomand and Why
thanks

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:38 pm 

My Ride: my ride!
Right now i would either buy the Polaris RZR S or a Kawi Teryx. I'd buy the Polaris cause it's built in North America and it looks pretty kickass. My 2nd choice is the kawi cause it looks pretty cool and it's the next one with some bang for the buck. I wouldn't buy a rhino cause everyone and their family has one. I don't like the the Japanese brands cause they have too little waranty for what you pay. Just my 2 cents

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:26 am 

The Rhino Im pretty sure was the first one out & is very relialble & tough! thats probably why everyone & their dog has one.... The RZr is faster but not as comfy... it all depends on what ur lookin 2 use it for??? just my 2 cents... I wouldnt go with the no name brands though.... You get what u pay 4.

- 3000lb Warn winch

- 26 Mudlites soon 2 b Laws

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:09 am 

My Ride: 2012 BF750
With Polaris comes typical un-reliability. THe Kawi is harder to get aftermarket parts for, but their catching up fast.

The Rhino is tried and true and tons of hop-ups.

2011 KLX110
1985 LT230
1986 LT160
gone but still loved...2006 Prairie 700, 2008 BF750i, 2009 Teryx 750
I don't list all the mods, but unless I supercharge the V Force, I've run out of things to do to it or bolt on to it.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:51 pm 

well I owne the RZR and having a blast with it and for reliability: well if your going to drive it hard, it's going to break hard. You know what kind of driver you are, if your going to trail ride & respect your equipment, it doesn't matter what you buy but if you ride it like you stole it, it's going to cost you more than others. I've riden with the off brand, rhino, polaris ranger & it's true what they say: once you've riden a side X side, you will never go back to a ATV. :cool:

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:47 pm 

Hell ya SxS's kick-ass!.... no sore thumbs ,holds alot more gas & is way more comfy! totally agree with u mikec! they r gonna take shit over! 2 bad a lot of ATV clubs dont allow them on the trails!!! :finger: :pissed: they are way safer 2.

- 3000lb Warn winch

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:27 pm 

My Ride: 2016 Yamaha Grizzly
I don't think they will take over, they are cool though. Not legal around to cross the streets and since we have no trail plan its kinda hard.

Gone 2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660, 26" MudLite XTR's, Montana Jack's Receivers, Champion winches and basket, Warn Contactor, TJD Cattracks, Kimpex Click"N"Go 48" Plow.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:27 am 

MIKE !!! good to have you back..... I agree... every brand has their share of problems along with strenghts.... decide what you want to do with it...and then make your choice from there.. don't be shy to ask questions.....we can help you with whatever need to know

custom light bar, roof ,and stereo system

Don't be afraid that your life will end,
Be afraid that it will never begin

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:09 am 
Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2008 Renegade 800X
well i agree with MikeC when you go UTV you never go back. i recently started ridding a Powermax Rough-Rider 700 (off brand good stuff) and i love how comfy it is and the wife loves to join now. but like mike said if you repected it anything could last a LONG time, but if you drive like mike and I well...........shit just can't handle it all the time.lol. happy hunting. Just don't let others tell you not to check out the "off brand". If that is the way you want to go and save tons of money then go ahead. i love mine but that razer is awsome!!!!

Powermax G-Force 800 V-Twin (SxS) in black
Custom snorkels
fuel tank relocated to rear bed
radiator relocated to rear of seats
custom holy shit handle (for wife)
custom aluminum skidplates
Warn 4000lbs winch
EPI Primary spring

Last edited by superman on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:21 pm 

hey Rhino Chick, You sure did look like you were having fun on the weekend. [maybe except for the part of pulling the old man out. :lol6 ]

Never Driven a SxS myself, so your gonna have to let me have a try on yours someday.

director KATVA

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:14 pm 

4 sure blazeman anytime :) let me know next time your headed out 2 trails SxS's r allowed on...lol

- 3000lb Warn winch

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:08 pm 

How much does a PowerMax SxS go for?

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:53 pm 
Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2008 Renegade 800X
right now JJ's Recreational Vehicles has them on for $8995. That comes with winch, cd player, aluminum wheels, not bad tires, dump box, center console, roof...........all i can think of right now.lol. http://www.powermaxcanada.ca/

Powermax G-Force 800 V-Twin (SxS) in black
Custom snorkels
fuel tank relocated to rear bed
radiator relocated to rear of seats
custom holy shit handle (for wife)
custom aluminum skidplates
Warn 4000lbs winch
EPI Primary spring

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:40 pm 

:ohfuck: sweet deal on a SxS $8995.superman and its a nice :ride: to.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:13 pm 

kwdog75 wrote:
How much does a PowerMax SxS go for?

He is my Roughrider decked out, So far I have done this :Sony Stereo, MP3 Player, Custom Speaker box, Seizmik CDI, Seizmik doors, Seizmik hood Exo-cage, Seimik Front Bumper, Seizmik storage bag, Seizmik seat covers, Pro Armor Rear Bumper, EPI clutch kit, ITP SS112'S, 27" SWAMPLITES, Clutch and air intake Snorkel, Highlifter 2" lift kit, I also have a light bar which I haven't had a chance to install yet. Next to install is jet kit, I love the 2" lift i put in which is not installed in this picture. I have 15" of clearance right now; currently my speedometer says 80km with the 27" tires for top speed.
How does Chantel get in all the pictures :lol:

Oh yeah by the way, we beat the T-Rex at the warren Mud Drags, Dam Razor beat us LOL mikec

30" MUDZILLAS
RUBBERDOWN RAD RELOCATE
RICOCHET SKID PLATE

Last edited by jonny2323 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:15 pm 

Hey you guys doing a run up there anytime soon, I had a blast last year and waiting for you to say when this year

mikec wrote:
:ohfuck: sweet deal on a SxS $8995.superman and its a nice :ride: to.

30" MUDZILLAS
RUBBERDOWN RAD RELOCATE
RICOCHET SKID PLATE

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:37 pm 
Gold Card Member

My Ride: Quadless for now
What do you mean alll the pictures???? Had you not told anyone they wouldnt have noticed.... Next time choose a better background... LOL ... When you took it out of the trailer it got my attention... I had to look at it... and BTW it looks awesome :thumbs:

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:46 am 

JOHNNY.....don't forget the upto 5 year warranty.... hows that for offshore!!

Jonezy 6" suspension lift, 14"x27 ITP XTR's

juice box, clutch kit, snorkels

custom light bar, roof ,and stereo system

Don't be afraid that your life will end,

Be afraid that it will never begin

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:54 pm 

got mud wrote:
JOHNNY.....don't forget the upto 5 year warranty.... hows that for offshore!!

LOL yes thats true, Thanks for reminding me

30" MUDZILLAS
RUBBERDOWN RAD RELOCATE
RICOCHET SKID PLATE

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:27 pm 

now that's a waranty!!! Can any Rhino part fit on it? Like Rhino 660 parts?? It would be cool to put the Edelbrok carb kit on it or is i EFI?

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:23 pm 

kwdog75 wrote:
now that's a waranty!!! Can any Rhino part fit on it? Like Rhino 660 parts?? It would be cool to put the Edelbrok carb kit on it or is i EFI?

Yes it's carb and the edelbrok crab will fit,Pretty much the only thing that doesn't fit is the axles, Ours are bigger. Our box is 3" longer too. other than that pretty much all bolt on

30" MUDZILLAS
RUBBERDOWN RAD RELOCATE
RICOCHET SKID PLATE

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:42 am 

My Ride: modded polaris rzr
The stock Polaris RZR is the best BASE for a very capable UTV.

The speed, is good, but the biggest perk to the RZR is the width of the machine, and its low center of gravity (less tippy, and easier to get through the tight trails). You will notice driving around with RZRs, and Rhinos, that the RHINOS can not go a lot of places the RZR can, for the simple fact the RHINO is'nt as nimble between the trees... The RZR is only as wide as a Quad stock which is its biggest selling point in my opinion.

The Rhino, stock has better clearance then the RZR but, like I said the RZR is the best base for a good UTV

One of the biggest downfalls with the stock RZR VS. ATVs and Rhinos etc is clearance, if you buy a RZR and ride it stock you are going to hear a lot of painful noises under your feet.

If you buy a RZR I think you got to be prepared to spend some money, if you want it to be as capable as the ATVs are, you are going to need to lift it, and get bigger tires again, clearance is the biggest issue, in technical trails you can hang a stock rzr up so easyly.

As far as reliability, I disagree, I have been riding my RZR the same as I have any of my quads in the past, since I baught it and have not had a problem. right off the hop I noticed the clearance was an issue, and the protection on the underside when your in those rocky trails, so I would suggest new RZR owners buy or make their own skidplate, a lot of us are using UHMW dump truck liner fastened up with countersunk bolts, the stock skid plate is absolute garbage and will not protect your machine if your riding in northern ontario trails, you'll also want to get some Rock sliders or nerf bars to protect the side plastics on the bottom end.... thats one area that takes a beating.

Other then that, as far as reliability, carry a spair belt, because thats usually the first thing to go.. The only RZRs Ive seen down on the trail, were down because the driver did somthing that would put any machine down.

I am not pro Polaris because I' am tribal and love Polaris, I just believe they hit a home run with the rzr after hours of reading online and comparing the specs on the UTVs that it has the capability of being the most practical/capable side by side for the kind of trails we ride.

All in all, if you put money into a RZR, it will do almost everything an ATV will do. You get the luxury of sitting beside somone on a good ride, and can go places JEEPS wont go.. So far the only thing i miss is putting the front tires in the air.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:22 am 

My Ride: 2009 Polaris RZR S
I have an RZR S and would recommend this over the standard RZR or any other.

It has it all.....better susupension, better ground clearance, more HP, higher top spped (63mph).

There are TONS of aftermarket parts/mods availbale....not so true for the new Prowler or Kawi. It is also a much more capble machine than the Rhino....I know some will disagree.

I am new to the sport and my ATV friends have yet to get me stopped anywhere but some deep swamps/bogs.....mostly because I have yet to upgrade my tires until the stock ones wear out. Many ..." I cant believe what that thing can do...." omments after each ride with ATV'rs.

This is a truly capable machine that in my opinion is far superior in many ways (not all) to an ATV. I have never caught the bug to buy an ATV but the side by side kicks ass! Have yet to get stopped on any trail over width issue.

07 Atlas 24' Enclosed Trailer
02 Campion 705BR
2010? Glastar

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:08 am 

My Ride: modded polaris rzr
RZR S is 60 inches I believe, vs the 50 inch wide RZR.

RZR S retails roughly 19,000, out the door vs RZR 14,000 out the door

Depends what you want, if you want to jump and ride in Dunes and Sandpits or race the RZR S is the machine, those FOX shocks widen the stance and make it much less tippy for highspeed cornering, much easier on the body going threw whoops, and hitting jumps. But again, the problem with the S is going to be in those tight trails since with the FOX shocks it is almost as wide as the Rhino, a few inches less I think.

If you want a trail machine, for mudding etc. you can take the extra money you save and put it into shocks that do not widen the stand of the machine but add to the height... like progressives, or king springs, get a lift kit, buy tires, clutch it, chip it, pipe it, and youll still be cheaper then the S and, in my opinion more trail capable

As far as the top speed on the RZR S, there is a bushing on the Clutch which is just a little plastic spacer, they removed that to get that speed. On the regular RZR you simply take the belt cover off, and cut that spacer out of your clutch, and you will have the same top speed as the S.

They do have the header on it, but that can be baught aftermarket as well.

Depends what yah want... The S is a badass machine, just sucks when you are riding with a group of people and have to break out the buck saw to keep up.

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:15 pm 

My Ride: yamaha rhino pimped
rhino rhino rhino do i sound like im repeating myself ask my buddies they cant believe what i can go through and the accesories are endless ask my girlfriend when im not riding im on the web buying something never left me stranded yet just dont do death donuts it will scare you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!