2koolperformance 5pointcottage burgerworld northbayatvclub 2koolperformance 5pointcottage
Quaddealers
News and Announcements
Mudhole Links
Mudhole.ca is for sale!!
Contact Larry via email at admin@mudhole.ca for info!!

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:00 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:07 am 

Northern BC Canada here, lots of riding in the snow lately, no club here, we just ride when ever where ever, lots of old logging roads and trails, its all good :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:17 pm 

My Ride: Almost there....
Welcome...

Where exactly are you riding in Northern BC?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:22 pm 

North west, Kitimat, Terrace, Smithers, Prince Rupert area, low in population and high on logging roads :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:58 pm 
Assistant Senior Moderator

My Ride: '09 Rzr-S H.O.
Sounds like a blast, Fiftygrit! Hope you're enjoying the site. Tell your buddies about us. :wink: and have a refreshment on me. :D :beer:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:32 pm 

My Ride: Almost there....
Yeah no doubt you have a fantastic trails up there. Hope you get some pics posted up of your adventures sometime.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:35 pm 
Assistant Senior Moderator

My Ride: '09 Rzr-S H.O.
I agree, Qmaze....where are the pictures???? :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:19 am 

Id post some pic`s but you guys dont have anywhere on here to download too, and i dont have a Yahoo site or anything, most of the guys i ride with dont have a clue how to run a computer, they have run logging trucks and loaders, most are retired loggers, yup we got it pretty good, like i said no rules or regulations yet, :D

Post subject: Hello FiftyGrit
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:31 pm 

Just touching base with you, I'm in Kitimat, New to ATVing but this close to retirement I have to have something to do''''

The Duck :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:04 pm 

Im in Terrace bud and retired. quading is a great way to get to the Kitimat for fishing and just plain enjoying all the back roads we have around here, noticed you were looking at the Yamaha, and CanAm, my brotherinlaw in Kitimat has an 05 450 Yamy and he really likes it, put bearclaw tires on it for better traction, windshied as you no for our rain, and heated grips and thumb warmer, he has 2 yamahas, and i have one yamy for the wife and mine is a polarass, we got them at Kens in terrace, not bad to deal with, canams are great but you have to go to Burns Lake to buy it and for parts and service, too far for me, :D

Post subject: Kens AutoMarine
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:24 pm 

Hi Fiftygrit. :D
I was in Kens today and got a quote from him, not bad, your right about the can-am to far away. Probably will go with Ken sometime later this month, only problem that I'm working on is how do I get it under the tree-He He. I was also over to Neids, I'm not impressed. Anyways I had ask Ken about the skid plates if he though I should put them on instead of leaving the plastic ones there, any suggestions?. Also I toying with the idea of buying a trailer from Canadian Tire, there on sale next week. the other option is to leave it in my truck. Any input would be a help.
PS do you hunt?
:D
The Duck

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:27 pm 

Duck I use to hunt all the time, but my back doesnt allow it any more, and them damn moose are way too heavey to roll around, my brother in law didnt add any extra skid plates at all and he seems to do okay with his Kodiak, did you look at the 450 polaras when you were at Kens, ive got a Pol and love the suspension, and the whole bottom is skid plate, my bro inlaw put bearclaw tires, heated grips,and thumb warmer, and a winshield, and a soft storage pack on his, great all around machine, they are nice and narrow for some of the skinny trails we have up here, :D

Post subject: Polaris
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:11 pm 

Fitygrit-My hunting days for moose are almost over also, just can't pack them anymore, last one I shot was 400yds off the road through heavy brush from a log clearing. Near killed me. I will be retiring in the next 2 years and were thinking about moving into Alberta. Maybe I will hunt more deer there :D Did look at the polaris but I'm little nervous about all the storys I have heard on there brakedowns, also I would have to look at a trailer because it's long for my box. One thing I did notice is that the cowing on the machine look a little flimsy but the price is better and it has more options. This is a tough one, I'm bounching back and forth here, which one? The writeups do put the Polaris sportsmen 450 way ahead of the Yamaha 450 in the smoothness of the ride. How do you like your instrumentation package? :?:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:33 pm 

My bro inlaw bought a trailer at wallyworld, they were on sale when he got his, my bro inlaws 450 kodiak is 421cc my pol. 400 is 425cc the ride on my pol is way nicer than his, ive got heated grips, thumb warmer windshield and 26in mudlights, the bigger tread ones, some of the old retired guys i ride with have 500 pol and i cant think of a time any of us had any problems with them, except one guy drown in deep water, cant blame the machine for that hahahaha you have to sit on them and see which one you like, I like the pol because of the one lever does all brakes, not 2 on the bars, love the switch for 4x4 lock, works great, push the button and your in 4 lock, they are both great machines, i would love to try the canam but way to far to burns lake. :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:18 am 

If your ever down around Prince George let me know and I'll show you around our area, lots of mud and lots of trails.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:38 pm 

Hey Rockerton, im down there every so often, not with the quads though, I take my Harley to the dealer there, we used to come over there more often as our son use to live there, hes moved south now the lucky bugger :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:48 pm 
Site Sponsor

You gotta stop folks! ... you're making me drool :wink:

nospamoilguy@mountaincable.net

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:12 pm 

Sorry Cam should we get ya a towel :lol: :lol: Rocketron after seeing what you have for a quad and all the add on`s, Im afraid you would be pulling my poor little quad out of every mud hole ans swamp, the only stuff i got on my little pol is 26 in mudlites, K&N & jet kit, and the normal northern heated grips thumwarmer and winshield for our rain out here. :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:37 pm 

Hi Fitygrit-I feel like a ping pong ball, I'm going to smithers on the weekend to sit on can-am outlander 500, if it fits I'm going to put myself out of my misery. I hate shopping, new toys drive me crazy. If it dosn't fit I'm just going to close my eye's and flip a a coin... Hey thanks for the invite Cam :) but I'm teething right now :shock: , talk to me in a month when I'm able to think straight. HeHeHEHE.

The Duck

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:54 pm 

The 500 canam is a great machine, good luck bud. :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:17 am 

Ya, I got a few toys on it, my parts guy sees $$$$ when i come in the shop. It really helps you get stuck about 20 feet further than your buddies winch cable will reach :oops: . We have some friends in Smithers that want us to come up riding next year, heard it's real nice up there. Been snowmobiling in Smithers, Terrace, Houston, and that is nice, would imagine quading is just as good. If any of you want to make a grizz come to life ask me about mods, I've wasted lots of money on stuff that didn't work, so I can save you some $'s. I also know a few cheep, next to free,mods that I can share!

Wife's- 2004 700 Sportsman- 2" Rubberdown lift, 26" Bugs, H/C Clutch kit.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:15 pm 

Hi guys :D , Just finished making the deal for the Out 500. I will be going to Burns Lake to pick it up in Feb or March. The store in Smithers gave me excellent service but the price difference was $400. Nice kid in Smithers to deal with though, Anyways I will be putting on some after market goodies. To start I going to put on Skid plates as soon as I get it. I am going to Terrace today to order a trailer from Can-tire, I'm told it take a month for it to come in so it should work out okay. So I"m going to wrap the brochure up and put it under my tree for christmass. Anyways a Merry Christmass to All and a Happy New Year'''''''''
:D
PS. Hey Rocketron what wouldn't you buy for After Market Stuff?
The Duck

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:45 pm 

Duck, merry xmas to me, look dear santa left me a quad broucher under the tree, and he says i get a new quad in the spring :lol: :lol: :lol: yup i could see myself eating anything but turkey on xmas, they are rated real close to polaras Duck so ya did good :lol: :lol: :lol: Rocketron, im retired so i cant afford all those toys you got on your quad :D

Post subject: Suspense
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:51 am 

Hi Fiftygrit, So Santa is going to be good to you.... :lol: :lol: Any hints on make or model? I'm glad for you. By the way I order a Lousiania trailer dog today, When I get my trailer I'll install it. The only thing about buying this ATV that bothers me is the thief rate is so high on them. Anyways Merry Christmass fiftygrit.......

The Duck

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:47 am 

No im not getting one, i was just being a smart ass and saying what you would be saying to your wife, I have my quads locked up in the garage with my HD there is an alarm system as ive been broken into before, they took my tools and fishing stuff , nothing big thank christ, ya well have a good one, and get that quad out in the snow and have some fun :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:30 pm 

hello is anybody around still. I'm out here in vancouver for a couple weeks.....all by myself. Anybody doing any riding :P

electronic rear view camera (very cool)
skid plate
removed front swaybars, rears are loose
27x12x9 zilla's all four corners